Saturday, October 30, 2010

the bistro burger (Corner Bistro) 9★

$6.75
Corner Bistro
331 W 4th St (between 12th St & Jane St)  New York, NY 10014
★★★★★★★★★☆




the bistro burger




Okey. Blogging after a couple of drinks. This really sounds like the start of "the social network". Let's just hope I end up with twentyfive billion dollars!


How can I say this... it wasn't really how I expected to start this blog. Why? Well... all hyped up and after viewing 82 burgers on www.nymag.com I was definitely attracted with how they described the feeling they got from this burger: "If eating a burger is a sin, this burger is like going to Vegas with a hooker who you kill, stuff in your trunk, and push off into a canyon." How can you not try this out?!


So... how was it? hmmm... unfortunately I scorched my tongue from the first bite and lost 50% of my taste buds. How can I really review this burger??? Not really ey?! I downed the Blue Moon to regain the lost taste buds... but it didn't really work!


It looked good. Nice place. Good atmosphere. And for $6.75 it should be worth it... just give it a couple of minutes before you go for the first bite ;)


So I headed off to the beauty bar, near Union Square, reflecting on what I was going to write on this blog. A couple of drinks for some inspiration! le le?! Cool place... even though this guy gave me his number cause he said that he was on a weird date with this good looking girl. Oh well... welcome to New York!!!


That's all for now folks... I promise to be more careful on the next one!


http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2009/07/the_burger_register_new_yorks_82_most_notable_burgers.html#photo=26x20495



3 comments:

  1. Great Dario :) living the dream mate take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back... I had to!

    waited for about 45mins to be seated on a table... it is a sign... for a good burger... you have to wait... not like Applebee's!

    and while you're waiting... look at the kitchen... you'll see the lovely burgers being grilled in the oven... they're like new born babies in the hospital room... waiting to be loved!

    this time I was more careful... waited a bit for the first bite... it deserved more than a 7... undecided between an 8 and a 9... it's good beef... cheap... a well deserved 9 as I would go there again anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Like new born babies waiting to be loved" ... Good one :D That was the first burger I ate in New York ... enjoyed my birthday meal!! heh definitely a b'day to remember Dar!

    ReplyDelete